Zucchini Quinoa Mason Jar Salad March 06 2018, 0 Comments
Zucchini noodles aka zoodles are one of my favorite ingredients. They're a great pasta alternative because they're low in calories and carbs. They're also gluten-free and contain more vitamins and minerals than traditional pasta. In this recipe, I used zoodles in place of lettuce and the results were delicious!
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1/2 cup of dry quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 5oz olive oil and vinegar dressing
- Start by cooking the quinoa: bring the 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil and then cover and let sit for 15 mins or until nice and fluffy. Refrigerate until cool.
- Prep the veggies: chop the bell pepper, cut the tomatoes in half, and spiralize the zucchini.
- Layer the ingredients evenly across 5 mason jars in this order: dressing tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, quinoa, feta cheese, zucchini noodles, sunflower seeds.
- Store upright in the fridge and enjoy all week long!