Apple Honey Martini September 17 2020, 0 Comments
This year, the Jewish High Holidays will be different (thank you Covid 😠). For the first time since I can remember, I won't be attending services at synagogue, or going to over family friends' houses to celebrate the Jewish new year, or to Break the Fast. Despite this year's changes, Jewish traditions, especially with regard to food, remain the same. It's tradition to dip apples in honey for a 'sweet new year.' So in honor of that, I made this Apple Honey Martini. It's dangerously delicious and easy to make.
Even in the Covid era, there is so much to be grateful for (like vodka 😇). Here's to a Sweet New Year!
Prep time: 10 mins
Serving Size: 1 8oz mason jar
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1.5 oz apple juice
- Apple honey simple syrup: 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup water (this will yield enough for a few cocktails)
- Apple for garnish
- Make the apple honey simple syrup: Place the honey and water into a small sauce pan on medium heat. Stir until the honey dissolves and then remove from heat and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Combine the vodka, apple juice and .5oz of the apple honey simple syrup into a 16oz mason jar.
- Fill the jar with ice and shake until well mixed.
- Use the lid of the mason jar to strain and pour into an 8oz mason jar.
- Garnish with apple slices and enjoy!