Zucchini Pad Thai Mason Jar Salad October 18 2017, 0 Comments
Have you jumped on the zoodles bandwagon yet? Zucchini noodles (made via a spiralizer) are a great alternative to traditional pasta because they're low in calories and carbs. They're also gluten-free and contain more vitamins and minerals (such as vitamins A, C and B, potassium and fiber) than traditional pasta. Plus, they're way quicker to make than pasta- I use this simple handheld spiralizer and it works great!
This salad is based off one of my go-to dinners. The only difference for the hot version is that I stir-fry everything on the stove and add a scrambled egg. So, for the salad version, I added quinoa instead to get some protein.
Prep time: 30 mins
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup of raw quinoa
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of broccoli
- 5 oz of Thai peanut dressing
- 1/8 cup of sesame seeds
- Cook the quinoa: bring the 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil and then cover and let sit for 15 mins or until nice and fluffy. Refrigerate until cool.
- Prep the veggies: chop 1/4 of the onion, shred the carrots, chop the broccoli and spiralize the zucchini.
- Layer the ingredients evenly across 5 mason jars in this order: dressing, onions, broccoli, carrots, quinoa, zucchini, sesame seeds.
- Store upright in the fridge and enjoy all week long!