Mason Jar Taco Salad October 03 2017, 0 Comments
It's TACO TUESDAY! Who doesn't love tacos? This week's mason jar salad is a tasty taco salad. Definitely one of my favs.
Prep time: 30 mins
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 5 cups of shredded butter lettuce
- 2 taco shells
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of raw quinoa
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 5 oz of salsa
- Cook the quinoa: bring the 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil and then cover and let sit for 15 mins or until nice and fluffy. Refrigerate until cool.
- Prep the ingredients: chop the zucchini, onion and pepper; shred the carrots and cheese; crush the taco shells.
- Layer the ingredients evenly across 5 mason jars in this order: salsa, onion, peppers, zucchini, carrots, quinoa, cheese, lettuce, taco shells.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy all week long!