Kale Caesar Mason Jar Salad July 19 2018, 0 Comments
I have always loved Caesar salads, so I decided to make a delicious twist on the classic salad. The kale makes it healthier (and tastier) than the traditional version and the cauliflower and pumpkin seeds add some unique textures and flavors.
Prep time: 60 mins
Serving Size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 4 bunches of kale
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 5 slices of bread (I used a multi grain seeded bread)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 5 oz Caesar dressing
- garlic poweder
- olive oil
- Roast the cauliflower: preheat the oven to 375. Then chop the cauliflower into florets and mix in a bowl with the olive oil, garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Mix until all the florets are coated and then spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes. Once they're done cooking, place in a bowl and refrigerate until cool.
- Cook the croutons: preheat the oven to 375. Cut the bread into bite-size squares, then combine them in a bowl with some garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then drizzle the olive oil and stir until all the bread is coated and the oil is absorbed. Spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until the croutons are golden brown (the time may vary slightly depending on the freshness of the bread). Once they're done, refrigerate until cool.
- While the cauliflower and/or croutons are cooking, chop the cucumber.
- Layer ingredients evenly across 5 mason jars in this order: dressing, cucumber, cauliflower, croutons, cheese, kale, pumpkin seeds. Or if you prefer your croutons to be more crispy, since they do absorb some of the moisture from the salad (which didn't bother me), layer the jars without the croutons and add them in after you've poured the jar into a bowl to enjoy.
- Store upright in the fridge and enjoy all week long.