Hot Buttered Rum November 30 2017, 0 Comments
Hot Buttered Rum is one of my favorite fall cocktails (It's also the name of one of my favorite bands- if you haven't heard of them, check them out!) I used my new favorite rum, Cane Land for this cocktail. This recipe is probably the least healthy thing I've included on this blog, but you have to treat yo self every once in awhile!
Prep time: 20 mins
Serving Size: 1 8oz mason jar
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter
- 1/8 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup dark rum (I'd recommend Cane Land)
- 2 cups water
- Dash of salt
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Bring the water, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the rum into 2 8oz mason jars and fill the rest with the mixture from step one and then stir.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and enjoy.
Pro tip: use a mason jar koozie so you don't burn your hands!