Homemade Peanut Butter Granola February 19 2019, 0 Comments
Whether you're topping off your breakfast or taking it on the go, granola is a convenient and tasty way to start the day. However, many store-bought granolas are high in sugar and fat because they contain unnecessary ingredients and fillers. Don't worry though, making your own granola at home is an easy way to enjoy all of the benefits that granola has to offer without the drawbacks of many store-bought versions.
This recipe only requires seven ingredients, is packed with fiber and iron from the oats, and contains some heart-healthy unsaturated fats and protein from the peanuts and peanut butter.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes
Yield: 3.5 cups
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a pot, mix together peanut butter, honey, and maple syrup.
- Heat the mixture on the low-medium heat until the peanut butter begins to melt.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add in oats, peanuts, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Spread granola mixture evenly on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes (or until browned), stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes before eating or storing.
- Optional: enjoy on top of a chia pudding parfait.
Click here for the Chia Pudding recipe.