Fall Mason Jar Salad October 10 2017, 0 Comments
Fall is finally here! It's my favorite season, so in honor of that I made this fall-inspired mason jar salad. It's filling and easy to prepare.
Prep time: 40 mins
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 2.5 cups of shredded brussels sprouts
- 2.5 cups of mixed greens
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 pears
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of raw Harvest Grain Blend (Israeli Style Couscous, Orzo, Baby Garbanzo Beans & Red Quinoa- from Trader Joes)
- 5 oz of olive oil & vinegar dressing
- Cook the grain blend (bring the 1/2 cup of the grain blend and 1 cup of water to a boil and then cover and let sit for 15 mins or until nice and fluffy. Refrigerate until cool).
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate (I use the under water method for this- cut the pomegranate in half, then submerge one half into a bowl of water and use your hands to break the pomegranate apart and separate the seeds from the white membrane. The seeds will sink to the bottom and the white membrane will float to the top. Then remove the large floating pieces and strain the seeds).
- Chop the pears (I left the skin on for extra crunch) and shred the brussels sprouts.
- Layer the ingredients evenly among 5 mason jars in this order: dressing, pears, grain blend, cheese, pomegranate seeds, mixed greens, brussels sprouts, pumpskin seeds.
- Add lids and store upright in the fridge to enjoy all week long.