Asian Noodle Salad August 07 2017, 0 Comments
On the lunch menu this week: a delicious mason jar salad inspired by Asian cuisine.
Prep time: 45 min
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 1/8 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of crunchy rice noodles
- 2 cups of cabbage
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 2 cups of wide Lo Mein noodles
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 5 oz of Thai peanut dressing
- Cook the Lo Mein noodles: Bring a pot of water to boil and add the noodles, let sit for about 4 minutes and then strain and run through cool water. Set the noodles aside to cool.
- Prep the veggies: chop the bell pepper and zuchini, shred the carrots and the cabbage.
- Layer the ingredients evenly across 5 mason jars, in this order: peanut dressing, bell peppers, zucchini, noodles, carrots, cabbage, crunchy noodles, sesame seeds.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy all week long!